Past 24 Hours
Prerequisite Course Requirements
- *Core subjects may vary as to the number of semesters required depending on the overall design and content of the core courses on a particular campus (e.g
- 2 semesters.) Please consult with your undergraduate academic advisor and refer to the course descriptions on the VMCAS web site.
32 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Veterinary Nursing (Veterinary Technology)
The Purdue Veterinary Technology program is fully accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and is a science based veterinary nursing program offering a Bachelor and Associate degrees.
42 people watched See more ››Vet 1 days ago
Frequently Asked Questions
- All courses taken will be used in the cumulative GPA
- The repeated or substituted courses will be used in the prerequisite core GPA
- If you wish to appeal this policy, a written appeal should be sent to [email protected] and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
26 people watched See more ››Vet 9 days ago
Veterinary Scholars Program
- The Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine offers a Veterinary Scholars Program
- This program is designed to recruit highly qualified high school students to our DVM Program by offering the opportunity for early admission
- Students who are accepted into the Veterinary Scholars Program are guaranteed a position in the DVM program if they successfully
27 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
PVM Online Learning Catalog
- Purdue Veterinary Medicine is an authorized provider of Continuing Education (CE) for Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians. Courses are offered through the World Veterinary Association (WVA) and hosted by the World Continuing Education Alliance (WCEA)
- Participants must take a quiz after each online presentation in order to obtain CE credits.
27 people watched See more ››Vet 2 days ago
Veterinary Nursing Distance Learning
- Our Veterinary Nursing Distance Learning program is affordable and convenient since there is no set time to attend classes
- You do your work when it works for you
- Classes begin in January, May, and August
- Students have different lives, challenges, and goals.
36 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
- Veterinary Practice Management Program (VPMP) is designed by Purdue specifically for veterinary professionals
- This comprehensive professional development program offers courses in Human Resource Management, Accounting and Financial Management, Marketing, and Strategic Thinking.
17 people watched . Life Sciences Courses See more ››Vet Just Now
- The VNDL courses range from 0.5 to 3.0 credit hours of Purdue University credit per course
- There are a total of 27 on-line didactic courses (46.5 credit hours) and 18 Clinical Mentorship experiences (18.5 credit hours)
- Clinical Mentorships are experience practicums completed in a veterinary facility.
19 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Wildlife Veterinary Medicine And Conservation Certificate
- Since 2005 she has been an educator teaching veterinary courses for several US and international universities and study abroad companies
- She is a wildlife consultant for government and NGOs nationally and internationally
- Isabelle is the field veterinarian for the Scarlet Macaw Protection program, and the veterinarian for the national
58 people watched . Life Sciences Courses See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Path To Becoming A Veterinarian
- Certain high school courses are required for admission to any college/university
- You will also be required to take the SAT or ACT and obtain scores that meet admissions requirements
- During your senior year in high school, you submit applications for admissions to the colleges/universities you are considering with all the necessary supporting
31 people watched See more ››Vet 9 days ago
- The links below are to help you plan your academic career as a Purdue Veterinary Nursing Distance Learning student
- Once you have reviewed the information on these links and thought about your classes for the next term, please contact your advisor to help you determine the best course of action.
16 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Canine Care Certified
- The certification program is based on standards developed and led by Dr
- Consumers and pet owners can be assured that dogs and puppies raised by the program’s certified breeders are cared for under stringent standards.
21 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Anatomic Pathology Graduate Program
- The curriculum includes core pathology courses, nonpathology courses, and independent study courses
- These courses must be taken by all students enrolled in the program
35 people watched See more ››Vet 3 days ago
Small Animals / Exotics Continuing Education Course
- Avian Theriogenology and Obstetrics (1 CE) 1 Continuing Education Unit offered Speaker: Ken Welle, DVM Description: Birds have unique reproductive systems that are frequently the target of medical conditions
- A strong knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, and a logical approach to management can help resolve many of these problems.
52 people watched See more ››Vet 3 days ago
Department Of Basic Medical Sciences
Basic Medical Sciences (BMS) Discovery activities range from studies of molecular and cellular processes to studies of the whole animal, in areas of cell and tissue growth, differentiation, regeneration, and numerous aspects of cancer biology.
36 people watched . Science Courses See more ››Vet 1 days ago
All Species Continuing Education Course Catalog
- The Broodmare: From Breeding to Foaling (1 CE) 1 Continuing Education Unit offered Speaker: Katherine Naughton, DVM Description: This lecture addresses breeding management, pregnancy and foaling
- Consultation with Large Production Systems (1 CE) 1 Continuing Education Unit offered Speaker: Dr
- Max Rodibaugh Description: Opportunities and challenges in working in and …
47 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Epidemiology And Public Health Opportunities For Graduate
- Observational studies, clinical trials, infectious disease epidemiology, biostatistics, multivariate analysis, and biomedical ethics are among the subjects that are taught informal courses
- In addition to the epidemiology and public health courses offered at Purdue University, courses in epidemiology, public health and
58 people watched . Public Administration Courses See more ››Vet 1 days ago
Admissions Evaluation Criteria
- **Core GPA includes only the math and science prerequisite courses
- PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.10 on a 4.00 scale and no less than a 'C-" grade in each and every prerequisite course in order to receive consideration for admission to the DVM program.
30 people watched See more ››Vet 3 days ago
9th Grade Curriculum
- The PVM Office of Engagement collaborates with Purdue’s Discovery Learning Research Center, parents, schools, teachers, counselors, and communities to give P-12 students the skills and support they need for future success.
- NIH SEPA: This is How We "Role" Program
- NIH SEPA: Fat Dogs and Coughing Horses
20 people watched See more ››Vet 2 days ago
Horses At Purdue
- Horses at Purdue is your gateway to all things equine at Purdue University
- Whether you want to know about care and management of your horses, the Indiana horse industry, the 4-H Horse and Pony project, the Equine Sports Medicine Center, or equine-related classes and clubs at Purdue, you will find links here that will get you the information you need.
16 people watched See more ››Vet Just Now
Pathway To Veterinary Nursing
- Students often are working in a veterinary facility as a veterinary assistant or are looking for a career change
- This is a part-time program that allows students to move through courses in a manner that fits their life style
- Please click here to view information about the distance learning pathway
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Pathway
29 people watched See more ››Vet 2 days ago
New PVM Curriculum Developed To Ensure Career-ready
- An important addition to the curriculum is a series of six courses called Veterinary Skills and Competencies (VSAC), which will occur each semester during the first three years
- These courses are designed to promote the development of clinical skills, communication skills, business acumen, professionalism, and wellness skills.
52 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Recently Admitted Veterinary Nursing (Technology) Distance
- Successful students are those that take the curriculum at a slow and steady pace
- Do not feel like you have to take all the courses listed in the plan of study
- One of the advantages of this program is the ability for the student to choose the courses and pace at which you complete the program.
59 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Certificate Program Overview
- Michael Kent University of California Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine "I found this program to be very useful in my better understanding issues surrounding diversity and inclusion
- It helped me create a framework to better understand and think about these issues as well as prompted me to become more involved and to see how they can be better incorporated into our profession."
28 people watched See more ››Vet 9 days ago
Department Of Comparative Pathobiology
Comparative Pathobiology is the study of disease phenomena basic to all species including humans, at the molecular, cellular, organismal and ecosystem level.
38 people watched . Art Courses See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Equine Research At Purdue
- Research is an important part of making advancements in human and animal medicine
- Purdue's projects would not be possible without the support of various groups
- Funding for research carried out by the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine equine faculty include multiple foundations, industry groups and internal equine research funds.
25 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Vet Tech Academic Standards
Receipt of F, NP, WF, or WN in any required School of Veterinary Medicine course (courses from SVM departments: CPB, BMS, VM, VCS) to be credited towards graduation and a cumulative GPA less than 2.5, or Students who have an academic session index below 2.0 in any two consecutive semesters.
27 people watched See more ››Vet 8 days ago
Certificate Program For Pre-Vet Students And Students At
This program is designed for veterinary medical, veterinary technology, and pre-vet students who want to foster inclusive learning environments at their educational institutions and develop the skills to succeed as veterinary professionals.
57 people watched See more ››Vet 9 days ago
Student Attire For Clinical Courses
- Student Attire for Clinical Courses and Labs College of Veterinary Medicine Student Handbook
- The following attire is required for students in the veterinary medical program
- Smocks (of a common color) in all BMS, VCS and CPB laboratories
36 people watched See more ››Vet 2 days ago
Veterinary Research Scholars Summer Program
- Veterinary Research Scholars Summer Program
- Purdue University's College of Veterinary Medicine (PVM) is pleased to announce the availability of summer research fellowships for veterinary and undergraduate students.
43 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Purdue Veterinary Technology Program Ranked #1 Purdue
- The website also highlighted the Veterinary Technology Distance Learning program that offers the Associate of Applied Science degree and incorporates 27 didactic courses and 18 clinical mentorships
- Purdue Veterinary Technology Program Director Bianca Zenor (PU DVM 2001) said the #1 ranking represents an outstanding accomplishment.
55 people watched See more ››Vet 7 days ago
Frequently Asked Questions For Prospective Students Of The
- The VNDL was designed to be taken on a part time-time basis
- Many of our students are working full-time and cannot take a large credit load in any given semester
- The program was developed by taking the on-campus courses and creating smaller courses for the VNDL
- This was done to make it easier to take a smaller credit load per semester.
59 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Distance Learning Student Features
- I'd have to say that Clinical Pathology, the Large Animal Nursing courses, Lab Animal, and Anesthesia were among the ones I enjoyed the most
- I really enjoyed the Large Animal courses because I work in a small animal practice so I found the different concepts of large animal medicine to be very interesting
- Learn more about Rachel >>
34 people watched See more ››Vet 4 days ago
Scholarships And Funding
- Metropolitan Shuttle awards scholarships to veterinary Students at participating veterinary colleges across the US
- The company awards $1,000 each year per participating institution to a student who submits the best essay on how they plan to harness technology to effect positive change in their chosen sphere of veterinary medicine.
24 people watched See more ››Vet 1 days ago
CPB Animal Welfare And Human-Animal Interaction
- Students are encouraged to tailor their individual programs with appropriate coursework to meet their needs and required credit hours as advised by their graduate committees
- Coursework may be chosen from a variety of academic disciplines to provide understanding and competence in the primary area of research.
47 people watched . Human Geography Courses See more ››Vet 5 days ago
Organization For Human-Animal Interaction Research
- In terms of research, Purdue has a range of courses designed to advance research skills, including research methods, statistics, and topic-specific courses
- Our lab also participates in external trainings on specific topic areas
- What department will I be in? Our department is called Comparative Pathobiology, or …
51 people watched . Human Geography Courses See more ››Vet 2 days ago
How To Use The Electronic Plan Of Study System
- Transfer courses and courses taken as excess undergraduate credit Once clicked, this link takes you to a screen that allows you to enter transfer and excess undergraduate credit courses
- To add a course, indicate Primary or related, the subject abbreviation, course number, credit hours, course title, institution name and grade as
46 people watched See more ››Vet 2 days ago
People also searched:
Free online courses for adults
Is great courses plus free
Course hero answers
Free college courses online
Atrrs course catalog
Course hero free
About vet.purdue.edu courses
The Vet Up! College program targets underrepresented college juniors and seniors. It is a 6-week residential program. Students live the life of a DVM student, take courses, receive study strategies, and can apply them to various assessments throughout the summer.
Total: 38 New Courses
What are the best courses to take?
Among the best classes to take for a business major are English, psychology and public speaking to help you understand and communicate with others. Global business majors can benefit from taking language and multicultural classes.
What are some of the best Coursera courses?
Algorithms Coursera Course Course Rating Data Structures and Algorithms Rated 4.7 out of 5 of 4369 ratings Algorithms Rated 4.8 out of 5 of 2521 ratings Introduction to Discrete Mathematics for ... Rated 4.4 out of 5 of 456 ratings Computational Thinking for Problem Solvi ... Rated 4.8 out of 5 of 193 ratings 7 more rows ... Jan 11 2021
What courses are needed?
Colleges and universities require a basic level of education for all degrees and majors. The topics needed usually include English, mathematics, sciences, humanities, public speaking and foreign language. Some degree plans have required courses that apply to the general education courses.
What is the best course?
Golfweek's Best 2020: Top 100 Best Courses You Can Play
- Pebble Beach Golf Links Pebble Beach, Calif. (No. ...
- Bandon Dunes (Pacific Dunes) Bandon, Ore. (No. ...
- Pinehurst (No. ...
- Bandon Dunes (Old Macdonald) Bandon, Ore. ...
- Whistling Straits (Straits) Mosel, Wis. ...
- Bandon Dunes (Bandon Dunes) Bandon, Ore. ...
- Shadow Creek North Las Vegas, Nev. ...
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort (Ocean Course) Kiawah Island, S.C. ...